Zincirli Building

1708

Part of the Nasuh Pasha complex, the building known as Zincirli Han is situated North of the Covered Bazaar on Tığcılar Street. An inscription above its southern entrance states that the edifice was built by Nasuh Pasha in the year 1708.

This is a two-storey commercial building with a single courtyard. A simple stone-arched gate on Tığcılar Street leads into the courtyard through a passageway topped with a barrel vault. The stairs to the second floor are accessible through the passageway. The building consists of a main two-storey part surrounding a rectangular courtyard and a small uncovered square to the southeast.



Contact

Taya Hatun, 34120, Kapalıçarşı, Fatih - İstanbul
Map